Thursday, July 12, 2007

Home birth?

I am interested in having a home birth with this little one. I don't want to deal with going anywhere in labor and I don't want to have to put a newborn baby in the car to come home either. I think being at home in our own environment will be nice. Soleil will be here with us and baby and I can just jump right in bed together after the birth! We will try a water birth again and probably rent a spa tub to set up in the house since our tub is so tiny.

We interviewed a midwife today and I really liked her. She seems to really love what she does and is very knowledgeable. I even learned something new with her! She will come to the house for all of the prenatal visits which will be nice that I won't have to drive anywhere and Soleil won't have to be carted off either. Not to mention I won't have to fight traffic to get anywhere after work and how much we will save on gas!!!

What better way to bring a baby into this world than the comfort of his/her own home? The smells of home, sounds of home, love of home!

Here is the midwife's site: http://barefootmidwifery.com

We haven't decided on her 100%, but we sure did like her! Soleil even gave her a hug and let her kiss her cheek...now if Sol will do that, she must be a kindred spirit!

No comments: